COMMENTS: The kids loved this recipe so much they literally cleaned their plates; some licked away all evidence of meatballs and sauce!
- 1 lb. ground beef, hormone & anti-biotic-free
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. mineral water
- 1/3 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup celery, minced (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. oregano, dried
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup bread crumbs, whole grain or use gluten-free ones
- Number of Servings: 18-20 perfect kid-size meatballs
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- PREHEAT: Oven, 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- PAN: Cookie sheet or large baking pan
- COOKING UTENSILS: Large bowl, small ice cream or sorbet scoop (about 1” in diameter)
Mix all ingredients together. Fill scoop with mixture and place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat until bowl of mixture is empty. Bake for about 15 minutes, until thoroughly cooked. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce over pastas, sautéed spinach, or, in a hot sub or grinder with slivers of onion, bell peppers and mozzarella cheese. Yummy!
OPTIONS: Add 1/8 tsp. cayenne to mixture. A lot of kids like spicy!
6 God-made COLORS: brown, yellow, white, orange, green, tan
6 Food GROUPS: beef, eggs, water, vegetables, herbs/spices, grains
PERFORMANCE RATING: 6/6