We have a dear friend who only likes salad if it’s chopped. Really!
If a restaurant doesn’t have a chopped salad on the menu, he’ll nicely request that the kitchen chop a different salad for him. I must admit, I love this about him! (It’s important to eat food just how you like it!)
Needless to say our friend is somewhat of chopped salad expert! He and his family came over a couple weeks ago for lunch, and I just had to make this for him!
I also love making salads like this because even though my boys don’t eat salad, they do like a lot of the individual ingredients. So while the grown-ups eat this salad, my boys each have a plate of the hard boiled eggs, salami, cheese, and grapes. It works out well, and I’m not making a whole separate meal for them!
- 1 1/2 heads chopped red leaf lettuce
- 1 small bunch chopped fresh basil
- 8 finely chopped scallions
- 2 cups red grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 8 ounces chopped Gouda cheese
- 1 1/2 large chopped avocados – ripe but firm
- 1 cup chopped Italian dry salami
- 4 chopped Hard Boiled Eggs
- Approximately 3/4 cup Creamy Honey-Mustard Balsamic Dressing
Serves 6 to 8
Total Prep and Cooking Time: 40 minutes
All of the above ingredients that say “chopped” should be chopped into about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch dice. And of course, all of the fresh produce should be washed and dried before chopping.
In a large salad bowl, combine all of the ingredients, and toss with the dressing just before serving.
An additional note:
You might also like Nicoise Style Salad.