In this corner, we have classic lemonade, spiked with fresh strawberry puree for extra sweetness and a pretty coral color. In the other corner, another pink hued cooler—newcomer Watermelon Mint Limeade.
Which is the better summer drink? Let the showdown begin!
Strawberry Lemonade, a bit sweeter than its opponent, is a time-honored combination likely to spark memories of summers past. Watermelon Mint Limeade, on the other hand, with its mellow sweet and tart flavor, is a fresh take on summer refreshers. Like agua frescas, this drink manages to have a more grown-up flavor while remaining kid-friendly. (Very kid-friendly!) Instead of conjuring childhood, Watermelon Mint Limeade will make you feel like you’re sipping drinks poolside at a resort in Mexico.
Both are gimme-more good, so there’s only one way to settle the score: make a batch of both!
Let us know which drink reigns supreme in your house.
To make a single 1-cup serving
- Scant ½ cup cubed watermelon
- 3 mint leaves, washed
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar, plus more to taste
1. Puree the watermelon and mint in a powerful blender and puree until the watermelon is fully juiced.
2. Combine the watermelon juice with lime juice, water and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over ice and serve.