Inevitably the holidays bring about lots of cooking and an abundance of leftovers.
I have devised many ways to creatively serve leftovers and keep the food from going to waste, or boring my family. These sandwiches are one of my favorite go to lunches made from dinner the night before; I’ve even been known to serve them for dinner.
Prep Time: 15 min
- Leftover Buttermilk Roasted Chicken
- Arugula (left over from salad the night before but not dressed)
- Tomato (sliced thin)
- Fresh Mozzarella (thinly sliced)
- Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
1. Slice the chicken into thin strips
2. Lay out 4 bread slices on your work surface *great for little hands
3. Lay chicken strips across bread slices
4. Top chicken with mozzarella slices, followed by tomato
5. Drizzle pesto across tomato, top with arugula
6. Press remaining bread slices onto arugula *great for little hands
7. Cut sandwich diagonally and serve