This tasty soup is a real favorite of mine. I love its simplicity and how delicious it is on a cold winter night.
My daughter will even eat this soup because it is filled with noodles, her absolute favorite thing. If you want to add more protein to this I suggest adding some diced sauteed chicken or thin slices of sausage. —
Detox Angel Hair Soup
adapted from Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes with juices
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta or vermicelli
- 6-7 leaves of fresh or frozen basil
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for serving
1. Bring the broth, tomato sauce and basil to a simmer over medium heat. Add the angel hair and cook until just al dente. Add the fresh basil and cook for one minute more.
2. Scoop into bowls and serve with a glug of olive oi and sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese.