I adore these sweet brownie bites. They are perfect for whipping up for my sweetie on Valentine’s Day and are a cinch to make.
I also really like their size, it is like built-in special portion control. The great part about these is the really awesome chocolatey taste, they are so rich it is almost like eating a candy bar. But better!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or line 2 mini-muffin tins (or spread all the batter into a buttered 13 x 9 pan if you prefer to make brownie bars or cut-out heart shapes using a heart shaped cookie cutter) and set aside.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together. I use the microwave, heating it in short intervals, so the butter doesn’t explode. Mix together until fully combined. Cool slightly.
3. Beat together eggs, vanilla, sugar and cocoa powder in a mixer until combined. Add chocolate mixer, beat until just combined.
4. Finally, add flour, baking powder and salt to the chocolate mixture and mix until the batter is totally incorporated. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl and the bottom of the bowl to make sure it all comes together.
5. Pour batter into buttered mini muffin tins or a 13×9 baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until knife inserted in the batter comes out clean. Allow to cool for five minutes, then gently turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.