I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite things about summer is throwing (and attending) summer BBQs. Eating al fresco with friends or family and letting the little ones run around and play outside is the best. Whether I’m doing the entertaining or heading to a party as a guest, I like to make healthy and delicious meals that are crowd-pleasers and that are also really easy to prepare. One of my favorites is a cold pasta salad. This summer pasta salad recipe is relatively healthy, budget-friendly, and so yummy.
Hidden Valley Ranch Summer Pasta Salad Recipe
Budget-friendly and perfect for summer BBQ gatherings.
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad® Dressing: ½ cup
- spiral pasta: 16 oz. (I like using the brown rice quinoa pasta version)
- mini heirloom or cherry tomatoes: 1 cup, washed and halved
- your favorite fresh or frozen organic vegetables: 2 cups (I chose peas, carrots, broccoli, spinach, and bell peppers)
- olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- garlic powder: 1 teaspoon
- basil: 1 teaspoon
- Parmesan cheese and chopped salami: for topping (optional)
Step 1: Cook pasta according to package directions. Once done, rinse with cold water and drain.
Step 2: If you are using frozen veggies: Add 1 tbsp of olive or coconut oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Once oil is sizzling, saute frozen veggies until tender.
Step 3: Add halved heirloom tomatoes to veggie mix and saute for two more minutes. Set aside.
Step 4: In a blender or food processor, mix 1 cup of prepared Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad® Dressing with ¼ cup of olive oil, basil, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Pulse to blend until emulsified.
Step 5: Pour drained pasta in a large bowl. Add the veggies. Then pour dressing on top and toss until well coated. Add Parmesan cheese and chopped salami (optional).
Step 6: Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Toss again before serving and enjoy!
This post was sponsored by Hidden Valley®