Happy Independence Day!
I’m going to keep today’s post short and trivial because really, you should be outside eating potato salad and grilling burgers.
Today, we’re going to enjoy a little Fourth of July trivia quiz. Wow your friends and family with your knowledge of our country’s independence celebration. And no cheating! And yes. Google is cheating.
1. Who do historians believe sewed the first official American flag?
2. Who wrote the words to the Star Spangled Banner?
3. How many stars were on the first American flag?
4. Who was the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence?
5. What does flying the flag upside down symbolize?
6. Which two founding fathers died on July 4, 1826?
7. What day did last person sign the Declaration of Independence?
8. What is the name of the oldest commissioned US Naval vessel?
9. Where was the first Continental Congress held?
Answers: 1. Betsy Ross 2. Francis Scott Key 3. 13 4. John Hancock 5. Distress and harm falling on you and/or your possessions. 6. Thomas Jefferson and John Adams 7. August 2, 1776 8. The Constitution 9. Philadelphia